Since 2017, Kirsty Manning has taken readers to France, Australia, Italy, China, America, United Kingdom, Sri Lanka and beyond with four best selling novels; the Journeys to Come team following closely behind and devouring every word.
Her latest book, set on the French Rivera, is a story of female friendship, longing and sacrifice through war and loss; and a way to travel the world without leaving your house.
Kirsty joined Catriona today for a chat about books, writing and travel and you can watch the full episode of ‘Live with Catriona and Kirsty Manning’ here.
Kirsty’s reading list:
- For budding writers, Bird by Bird, by Anne Lamott
- Audible books narrated by Stephen Fry, particularly the Greek Myths, Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit
- Father’s Day gift idea and great read all round: Archie Roach, Tell Me Why
- For teenagers: Adam Spencer’s Maths 101; sport memoirs, particularly Anna Meares
- Loving right now: Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt and Atonement by Ian McEwan.
- Another favourite: Meetings with Remarkable Manuscripts by Christopher de Hamel