Journeys to Come is a podcast about travel hosted by Australia’s Queen of Travel Catriona Rowntree. Each week we share memories from recent trips and talk about upcoming adventures.
In this podcast, Catriona gets tips on being a solo traveller with Ken Morgan and Diane Squires from Twos a Crowd. The company is celebrating its fifth birthday this year.
She also talks to solo traveller Natalie about her first solo trip to New York City; discusses Ken’s upcoming trip to Iran, and asks Ken and Diane to share their tips for solo travellers.
Listen to the podcast here
Tips for making the most of solo travel
- Arrive during the day – airports and cities are much easier to navigate with daylight
- Pack light and leave valuables at home
- Choose a destination closer to home for your first trip
- Join an organised tour – take the hassle out of organising your activities
- Download one of the amazing travel apps to your phone – maps and guides
- Learn a few words of the local language – thank you, yes, no etc
- When dining alone, take a book or a journal to keep yourself occupied.